We are diocesan priests in our diocese
We belong to Schoenstatt
an international spiritual movement within the Catholic Church.
Along with us, twenty-five other groups are part of the Schoenstatt Movement:
Priests, Women, Men, Families and Youth.
Each group is legally independent
- the founder: Father Joseph Kentenich and his original spirituality
the founding day: October 18th as the origin of the whole Movement
A new approach to Mary and the orientation toward her person and mission.
- The love for the Church expressed in a committed co-responsibility.
- Missionary commitment to the renewal of the Church and a new Christian culture.
Together with the other Schoenstatt priestly communities, we strive in the Priests’ League for the formation and integral development of the priestly personality.
Under the protection of Mary, we find home and security in the conflicts of a pluralistic and secularized world.
In covenant with Mary we collaborate in the new evangelization of the Church on her way through the third Christian millennium.
From the “faith of Providence”:
Seeking and finding God in all things, events and people.
From the “workday sanctity”:
Shaping everyday life out of love for God and people
From the “Covenant of Love”: Living the covenant with God in a concrete way with Mary.
From the spirituality of Father Joseph Kentenich
From the attachment to the spiritual center of the Schoenstatt Movement, the Shrine of the Blessed Mother.
From the experience of family-like communion:
It gives us
– Support in the circle of like-minded people
– Suggestions for the development of one’s own personality
– Pastoral impulses for the pastoral ministry
For the presbyterate of our bishop
For the priesthood of the deanery
For a cooperative pastoral care in our parishes
For the member communities of the Schoenstatt Movement
For the renewal of the image of the priest from the spirit of the evangelical councils
For a renewed Church out of the spirit of Vatican II
For a culture of love
We join together within the diocese:
- In discussion groups
- In days of reflection and recreation
- In conferences and retreats
We form an inter-diocesan working community at the founding place of Schoenstatt in Vallendar near Koblenz:
- We have at our disposal sources of inspiration from the other Schoenstatt priestly communities
- Together with them we offer events and work aids.
- An annual theme takes up current questions, which we try to answer from the charism of the founder
Through personal consecration to the “Mother Thrice Admirable of Schoenstatt,” I commit myself as a “collaborator
- To strive for holiness in keeping with my status through generous self-education.
- to the fervent apostolate
- and to receive the “League Letter” contact sheet.
or as a “member”:
furthermore – to secure the spiritual life – to
- a spiritual agenda
- to receive the Sacrament of Penance regularly in the spirit of spiritual accompaniment
- and to the participation in Exerzitien or conferences.
Account at Sparkasse Koblenz:
Account no. 40077 20 (BLZ 570 501 20)
IBAN: DE28 5705 0120 0004 0077 20